Saturday 18 August 2012
ShelterBox Open DayDespite little coverage in the news, in the first half of 2012 ShelterBox has responded to 11 disasters, including landslides in Peru, a cyclone in Madagascar and recent flash floods in southern Russia. The ShelterBox Open Day is a unique opportunity to go behind the scenes of an international disaster relief charity and see how your support makes a difference.
You'll be able to:
- Get up close to our specialist equipment
- See how ShelterBoxes get packed by teams of volunteers
- Hear from Founder & CEO, Tom Henderson, about how it all began
- View our Haiti photo exhibition
- Watch short films about our work
- Hear from our Operations Team about how they monitor disasters occuring around the world
- Speak to our Response Team volunteers about their first hand experiences of delivering aid in disaster zones
- Find out how you can get involved and much more
There will also be presentations and demonstrations throughout the day, including:
11am – ShelterBox Operations Coordinator, Tom Lay, will be giving a presentation on ‘ShelterBox Operations & Logistics’ - an insight into how we monitor disasters occurring around the world, how we make the decision to respond, then the process of assembling Response Teams and getting aid to the country and families in need.
12pm – ShelterBox Operations Coordinator, Alison Ashlin, will be giving a presentation on ‘Reflections from Peru’ - five months after distributing emergency shelter to more than 500 families in Peru, Alison returned as part of a monitoring and evaluation programme to assess the effectiveness of our work there and meet the families we helped.
Doors are open 10am til 3pm
Parking and refreshments available (including disabled access and parking)
ShelterBox, Water-Ma-Trout Industrial Estate, Helston, Cornwall, TR13 0LW
Any questions or to confirm your attendance, please contact Laura Jepson on 01326 569782 or email@example.com
For photos from the last summer open day click here.
Email this to a friend Printable version